- Models of information retrieval
- Nearest neighbors, range queries, hash algorithms
- PLSA and topic models vector space models
- Text categorization, analysis, tagging, parsing
- Content based image and video retrieval
- Image retrieval based on color, texture, and shape
- Visual bag of words model
- Grouping, static and motion segmentation, scene cuts
- Geometric indexing, verification, and object recognition
- Automatic annotation and categorization
- HMM-based methods (audio, video, music, document retrieval)
- Generative and discriminative methods
- Selected special purpose applications, such as face detection, x-ray image analysis
- Performance evaluation and competitions
- Applications in consumer imaging, security, forensics, and copyright and plagiarism detection
Lecture: Thursdays, 13:45 - 15:15 @ Room 48-462 - 14 sessions
KIS: course info
First Session: 24 October 2013
Tutor: Wonmin Byeon (email@example.com)
Exercise: Fridays, 11:45 - 13:15 @ Room 13-370 (New)
- Dates: TBA
- Admission (Zulassung): completing at least 50% of the assignments averaged over all handed out tasks is required for admission to the exam.
- You should bring all the submitted assignments to the exam session.
- Oral Exam Guide + Worksheet
- Sample questions that might be asked in an exam.
- Registration: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment for the oral exam at least a month prior to the desired date (the exam appointment should also be registered with the Prüfungsamt. Please note that registration with the Prüfungsamt should be done 15 days before the exam appointment itself.).